Saturday, April 4, 2009

Mike's card!



My six year old loves to make cards with me. Tonight he said, "You should make me a card because I always make them for you!" Well, after I dried my tears, I made him a special card, and this is it. One of Mike's most favorite things to eat is ice cream. His favorites are chocolate with marshmallow and vanilla. Ice cream just isn't ice cream to him without sprinkles, so out came the multi-colored microbeads I have. They are now sprinkled all over my craft table too. They were perfect were sprinkles. The pattern paper is DCWV. I used a ice cream cone stamp I got at Michael's for $1. I taped off the You're Sweet sentiment; little boys don't really appreciate that. The dew drops are from my friend, Chris. The word Mike is made of stickers I had. He loves it!

9 comments:

The Minister's Wife said...

Oh how sweet!! What a nice thing for a mommy to do. I'm sure he loves it. Great idea for the sprinkles!!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

what a nice story. And how fun that you boy makes you cards and that you made him a very personalized one.

Michelle Forrest said...

This is adorable. Love the sprinkles!

Sarah said...

So cute - I am sure he is one happy camper!

Stef H said...

What a wonderful card and sweet, sweet son you have.

P.S. My brother & best friend live upstate NY (I grew up on Long Island). Brother in Hancock and BFF in Wappingers Falls.

Hugs,

Chris (catt871) said...

awww, look at how cute he is!! And he's getting so big!!! Congrats on the blog candy my friend!!!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card and I love the sprinkles.
luv
Debby

Becky said...

how lovely, you two did a marvelous job on this card.

Michelle said...

adorable x's 2...mike AND the card!
TS!